We have a stellar team of coaches on board for this season’s Men’s MTB Program!
Men’s MTB Program information.
Jeff has been an avid mountain bike rider since 2000, when he moved to the Bow Valley from Nova Scotia. Although rock climbing was the original reason for the move, he quickly bought a hardtail mountain bike and fell in love with exploring all of the trails in the area. In the early days, it was mostly cross-country riding as well as several races. It didn’t take long to develop a more gravity-fed focus, as well as dabbling with a bit of trials riding. These days, Jeff loves riding with his wife Alysa, their son Hudson, and their dog Lloyd! Coaching and watching others improve their riding has always been a highlight of each spring and summer, since he started in 2011 with RMCC’s Youth All Mountain Program (AMP).
- PMBIA Level 1 & 2
- 50 Hour Advanced Wilderness First Aid
- NCCP Let’s Ride! Community Cycling Initiation
From growing up in Fernie BC to his current home in Canmore AB, Jacob has
had a life-long connection with the mountains. Starting humbly riding
logging roads on rigid bikes in the ’80s and ’90s, his passion for riding has
now taken him to destinations around the world. Jacob is a keen explorer
and photographer always looking for amazing experiences in nature,
searching for breathtaking high alpine rides or old school freeride
trails that look great on the camera. Jacob has been helping riders improve their skills and expertise with Trek Dirt Series camps in Hood River (Oregon), Silver Star, Fernie, Canmore, and Bragg Creek/Moose Mountain. RMCC is stoked to have Jacob join the coaching crew with our Men’s Mountain Bike program in 2018!
- PMBIA Level 1 (pending)
- NCCP Let’s Ride! Community Cycling Initiation (pending)
- Emergency First Aid CPR/AED Level C
Ryan is well-versed in all forms of cycling, including cross-country, all mountain, road, touring, cyclocross, triathlon, and fat biking. Ryan is the General Manager of Canmore’s Rebound Cycle and Owner/Head Coach of Cycling-101. He brings a ton of experience in bike fitting, bike technology, training plan development, injury prevention, and helping riders realize their potential to the program. Ryan has coached RMCC adult and youth programs since 2016, and in 2017 became Rampage Junior Race Program Head Coach. He is looking forward to joining the Men’s MTB Program coaching team to share his passion for mountain biking and expertise of skills, trails, and all things bikes!
Certifications & Racing Highlights:
- Elite 24-Hour Solo Racer in 25+ events with 7 wins and 5 additional podium finishes
- Elite Mountain Bike Stage Racer in 15+ events including BC Bike Race, Trans Rockies, Trans Alps, Cape Epic, Brazil Ride, La Ruta with numerous top Canadian, top 10 and top 20 finishes.
- NCCP Level 1 & 2 Cycling Coach
- Hunter Allan power-based coaching seminar
- Bike Fitter Level 2 & On Trail Mountain Bike Fit System
- Brand ambassador and product tester for many industry brands
- PMBIA Level 1
- Wilderness First Aid