New for 2017 is the formation our Path to the Podium program and high performance race team. The 2017 RMCC-R Express Race Team will be made up of local youth and coached by Olympian Brittany Webster.
The primary focus of our #RMCC-RExpress squad is to train and mentor riders to race at national level races in all cycling disciplines. A focus of the program will be on Canada Cup Mountain Bike Races, Canada Games and National Mountain Bike Championships, which will be hosted in Canmore in 2017 and 2018.
The club is excited to launch this Full-Time Race Team to support youth riders on the Provincial and National Race Circuit.
The RMCC-R Express Race Team is targeted at athletes who are focused and committed to a high performance cycling program. The Race Team is for full-time team members who are expected to make a year-round commitment to the sport and the team. Ideal candidates are athletes striving for long- term success at the National/ International level.
The Program will be athlete centered and geared to build foundational consistency in race results as well as a lifelong love for cycling.
Performance and Results
Specific training plans will be centered on individual athlete goals and individual athlete development, and where appropriate, racing events focusing on performance at:
- Alberta Cup and Canada Cup, MTB, Road and Cyclocross series
- Qualify and prepare athletes for International competition (World Juniors)
- Canadian National Championships XCO, MTB, Road and or Cyclocross
- Canada Games
- Qualify and prepare athletes for provincial teams for Canada Games and Road Nationals
We welcome applications! Any athlete who is interested in the program can send an application form (link) to Coach Brittany Webster. Click here for an application rmcc-application-form
Program Coverage and Fees
The Rampage Race Team will use a team-based approach that is grounded in a fee-based program. Athletes will pay a team fee in instalments at the beginning of each month.
Program fees cover:
- Year round coached program, with coach working 1 on 1 with the athlete on a daily basis
- Annual Training Program administered through Training Peaks tailored to individual athlete goals
- Training peaks Premium athlete account
- Daily Monitoring through ithlete, training peaks, and communication. Daily training will be affected by monitoring and athlete feedback
- 4-5 Coached training sessions per week throughout the year
- Cycling Specific Strength and conditioning program administered by Certified Strength Coach Neil Fox. Program will be periodized to reflect race calendar and individual athlete goals.
- Detailed program outline aligning with Provincial and National Race Calendar
- 3 organized training camps throughout the year *note, training camps will be user pay
- Organized travel and race support to key Canada Cups and provincial races (determined in advance by head coach based on Calendar goals) *note, races will be user pay
- Athlete testing
- Sport Canada lab testing (to include incremental VO2, blood work, anthropology if needed, lactate testing)
- Use of heart rate monitors and power metres to prescribe and analyze training
- 3 annual Structured testing blocks
- Use of Heart rate variability for those with ithlete to monitor recovery
- Monitoring of blood profile
- Strength Coach
- Equipment and organized travel for local training sessions
Our goal is to qualify athletes for Provincial and National Team race trips and training camps, but the program will also offer organized Rampage Team camps and Canada Cup Race trips. Team travel and accommodation costs for camps and competitions will be user pay, with the ability to apply for reimbursement through the Youth Race Fund (YRF) at the end of the fiscal year.
3 UCI sanctioned cycling disciplines (Cyclocross, Road, MTB) will be included in the program, with the main objective being to develop an excellent, well-rounded, competitive rider. Races and training for specific athletes will be individually determined depending on each rider’s specific goals
Program fees will not cover racing licenses, food (during camps or competitions) or race entry fees.
All RMCC athletes will be provided the same level of support once accepted into the program.
The RMCC will offer age and performance based training plans and programming for all Rampage Race Team athletes.
Focus will be on the Alberta Cups and Canada Cup MTB series. We will always have three primary objectives:
- To have RMCC athletes placed on the Provincial team.
- To qualify for provincial team projects.
- To prepare athletes to have best-ever individual performances at Canadian MTB- XCO National Championships
The Head Coach will also provide coaching support to Provincial Team Projects when resources allow.