Photo by: Aydin Odyakmaz
RMCC 2018 ATHLETES OF THE YEAR AWARDS
Do you know someone who is deserving of recognition and an award for being an awesome member of our club? If so, read on….
RMCC has received a donation from a member of our community to give 2 deserving members (one female and one male) a scholarship award of $500 each.
But we need to hear from you the members on who should be considered. All you have to do is send us an email with the name of the athlete you nominate and why you think they are deserving of this special recognition. Its open to any member of our club to receive this award: racer, non-racer, program participant of any age, awesome volunteer or recreational cyclist!
Here are the criteria the RMCC Board will use to evaluate nominations:
- Membership in RMCC;
- Adheres to our Code of Conduct & Ethics; and
- Embodies True Sport’s Principals;
Nominations due: Monday December 31, 2018
Where to send nominations: email@example.com
The Board will announce athlete selections in January 2019 with the awards to be made at our AGM (date to be determined in February 2019.)
RMCC Code of Conduct & Ethics
- Practice good sportsmanship and fairness by always conducting yourself in a professional manner at all cycling and non-cycling events where you are representing the Club or wearing the RMCC kit.
- Wear the RMCC club kit on all club rides and sanctioned races. In support of our sponsors we encourage wearing of the RMCC kit while training to set an example of responsible cycling on all roads and trails.
- Train and race hard because your Club’s profile and your results will both benefit from this effort.
- Race as a team and support your team mates’ at all sanctioned events.
- Obey all relevant off-road regulations by sharing the trail with other users and respecting all trail closures in Provincial or National Parks.
- Obey all traffic regulations as enforced by local authorities while on individual or group training rides or as instructed during sanctioned races. Failure to do so reflects poorly on the Club’s image and can be reason for exclusion from the Club.
- Welcome new members by offering your support and encouragement because this will also help the Club grow and prosper.
- Be a great example to youth and new cyclists by mentoring, sharing skills and promoting safe cycling habits. Always wear a helmet and keep your equipment in good working order so you are not a hazard to other cyclists or pedestrians.
True Sport Principals
Go for It
Rise to the challenge – always strive for excellence. Discover how good you can be.
Play honestly – obey both the letter and spirit of the rules. Winning is only meaningful when competition is fair.
Show respect for everyone involved in creating your sporting experience, both on and off the field. Win with dignity and lose with grace.
Keep it Fun
Find the joy of sport. Keep a positive attitude both on and off the field.
Place physical and mental health above all other considerations – avoid unsafe activities. Respect your body and keep in shape.
Share sport with others. Ensure everyone has a place to play.
Find ways to show your appreciation for the community that supports your sport and helps make it possible.