Are you feeling pretty solid with your mountain bike skills and want to learn more? Then our new MTB 201 program is for you!
MTB 201 is a great continuation if you’ve completed the RMCC MTB 101 (Beginner) program, or have a few seasons of mountain biking under your belt.
Through five weekly sessions, we will review and refine these mountain biking fundamentals:
- bike set-up and safety check
- balance and body position
- efficient shifting, proper gearing and braking
- climbing, descending and obstacles
- cornering – high-speed and tight turns
- front, rear, and level wheel lifts, roll downs
- dynamic riding, pumping and carrying speed
- straight-line riding and skinnies
- common trailside mechanical repairs
And we will kick it up a notch by introducing intermediate-level maneuvers including manuals and possibly a basic wheelie and taking our climbing and descending skills onto more challenging and technical terrain. There will be lots of opportunity to put your new and improved shredding skills into action on our local single track trails.
In addition to working on these skills, Coach Brian Bain will provide lots of time to apply what you’ve learned on a variety of local trails.
Dates and details:
Men’s MTB 201 5-Week Program
Wednesdays, May 24 – June 21 from 6:15 to 8:45 pm
Cost $250* + RMCC membership/insurance
*All participants will receive some awesome RMCC swag included in the program fee — wicked deal!
All participants require a mountain bike (either front or dual suspension) in good working condition and a helmet. Bike gloves are strongly recommended. Come prepared for all weather conditions, as we will not let the rain stop us.