Join Hot Sauce Cycling & RMCC on August 18 for a Cross Camp like no other. This is a fantastic opportunity to brush up on skills, learn how to train for Cyclocross specifically, and spend the day picking the brain of one of Canada’s top ‘crosser in the fastest growing cycling discipline in North America.
‘Cross is coming…
Are you ready?
This is a fantastic opportunity to brush up on skills, learn how to train for Cyclocross specifically, and spend the day riding with one of Canada’s best in the fastest growing racing discipline across North America.
Mark McConnell aka Hot Sauce Cycling has represented Canada in the Cyclocross World Championships for the past four years consecutively. Mark has been racing and training specifically for CX for over seven years; following the pro CX circuit across North America and Western Europe in an attempt to bring Canadian Cyclocross to the World Stage. Mark’s unorthodox approach to funding his professional racing campaigns came through selling cycling kits from his niche apparel shop to HSC supporters Worldwide.
The brand has taken on a new form recently: Mark now offers monthly coaching and CX clinic options in an attempt to share his racing and training insights to riders of all abilities.
The day of coaching will include:
- Dismount and remount sequence: breaking down the steps in an approachable manner to be faster and smoother later on
- Carrying and shouldering the bike in a variety of ways
- Bike handling: riding smoother and faster lines
- Cornering: using momentum to your advantage, early vs late breaking techniques
- Start practice: setting you up for success
- Off camber riding
- Equipment selection, tubular vs tubeless talk, ask me anything
- Race day preparation: from pre-ride to racing and everything in between
- Mini race course to finish to put our skills to the test fee $75 for RMCC members
Location: Canmore Nordic Centre
Fee $75 for RMCC members, $125 for non-RMCC members
*Must be ABA member to have insurance and attend the camp.
Ready to ride?
Register here for the cyclocross clinic
Contact our Program Manager for more program details or any questions.