The Rundle Mountain Cycling Club (RMCC) has a strong set of core values that are defined in our Club Code of Conduct. Our sole purpose as a Club is to promote the sport of cycling among our members and our community with two primary values centred on safety and enjoyment.
As a member in good standing with the RMCC you are expected to abide by the following code of conduct
- Practice good sportsmanship and fairness by always conducting yourself in a professional manner at all cycling and non-cycling events where you are representing the Club or wearing the RMCC kit.
- Wear the RMCC club kit on all club rides and sanctioned races. In support of our sponsors we encourage wearing of the RMCC kit while training to set an example of responsible cycling on all roads and trails.
- Train and race hard because your Club’s profile and your results will both benefit from this effort.
- Race as a team and support your team mates’ at all sanctioned events.
- Obey all relevant off-road regulations by sharing the trail with other users and respecting all trail closures in Provincial or National Parks.
- Obey all traffic regulations as enforced by local authorities while on individual or group training rides or as instructed during sanctioned races. Failure to do so reflects poorly on the Club’s image and can be reason for exclusion from the Club.
- Welcome new members by offering your support and encouragement because this will also help the Club grow and prosper.
- Be a great example to youth and new cyclists by mentoring, sharing skills and promoting safe cycling habits. Always wear a helmet and keep your equipment in good working order so you are not a hazard to other cyclists or pedestrians.